Students Display Skills In Turkish Olympics
160 students from 17 schools contested in 5 different categories in this year’s Turkish Language Olympics organized by the Pacifica Institute which is based in California.
The students displayed their skills in singing, poetry, folklore, talent and sketch categories; however, some others contested in grammar and essay categories.
David Bressler from Sonoran Science Academy was awarded with 1st place in the poetry contest, while Patriceia Sebastian from Magnolia Science Academy in California took second place and Demia Mosthaff and Mary Branigan from Coral Science Academy in Nevada took the third place.
In the sketch category, students from the Bay Area Technical School took the gold medal while the students of Sonoran Science Academy Broadway took the silver.
The gold medal and a lot of applause went to Brandon Thandi from Sonoran Sunset Arizona displaying his masterful art of the water marbling. He simply painted two tulips next to American and Turkish Flags.
Coral Academy of Science Nevada team of folk dancers got the gold medal and the cup.
Every year Pacifica Institute organizes a Turkish Language and Performing Arts Contest. Students from all across the US compete in categories as varied as singing, poetry, sketch and folk dance.
- EU draft proposal on refugees offers cash to Turkey to block migrant flows
- Journalist Sedef Kabaş acquitted in trial over critical tweet by İstanbul court
- Prosecutor objects to release 6 of 7 suspects in Ahmet Hakan assault
- Ex-UN General Assembly president, 5 others charged in bribe scheme
- Kajita, McDonald win Nobel physics prize for neutrino
- Turkish Central Bank reserves in steep decline
- Zaman daily Editor-in-Chief Dumanlı quits post due to pressure on media
- Four dead as southern China battered by Typhoon Mujigae
- Turkey's Erdoğan lashes out at EU over migrant crisis
- NATO, US stand by Turkey after Russian airspace violation