Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper vowed to redouble the country's fight against "terrorist organizations" abroad after a gunman rampaged through parliament, shocking the usually tranquil capital city.
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks
- Moscow airport chief resigns after Total crash
- ISIS militants seize Iraq village
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC
- Canadian parliament locked down, one suspect reported dead
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
U.S. stocks rose sharply in early trading Thursday, driven by encouraging earnings from companies including Caterpillar, 3M and General Motors.
- Wall Street jumps 1 pct in broad rally on results
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- Ukraine asks for big EU loan during gas standoff
- Egypt signs with six international firms to dredge new Suez Canal
- Russia, Ukraine reach tentative gas deal in tough Milan talks
- Chrysler recalling nearly 907,000 cars, SUVs
- US jobless aid applications fall to 14-year low
Connecticut placed six West Africans who recently arrived in the United States under quarantine for possible Ebola exposure, a move that comes as the U.S. starts new restrictions on those coming from the countries hardest hit by the deadly virus.
- Six in quarantine in Connecticut as U.S. steps up Ebola checks
- U.S. Ebola 'czar' starts work
- Official WHO Ebola death toll near 5,000
- WHO: Ebola vaccine trials in W. Africa in January
- CDC releases revised Ebola gear guidelines
- Supreme Court weighs generic drug dispute
- 2nd Texas health worker tests positive for Ebola
Science & Tech
Nokia is showing signs that it has turned around its fortunes following the sale of its ailing cellphone unit to Microsoft.
- Nokia turnaround since handset unit sale continues
- U.S. Air Force lands robotic X-37B space plane in California
- Apple introduces slimmer iPad
- Spacewalking astronauts begin preparing station for new space taxis
- German vice chancellor urges stricter rules for Google and peers
- Romneys support neurological research
- 3 win chemistry Nobel for super-zoom microscopes
Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer examines Turkey's role in the fight against ISIL.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden