A Canadian soldier standing guard at a war memorial in the country's capital was shot to death and heavy gunfire then erupted inside Parliament, where one gunman was killed.
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Canadian parliament locked down, one suspect reported dead
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC
- Canadian soldier shot at war memorial, enters parliament
- U.N. chief says moving ahead with Gaza war inquiry
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
The U.S. government is urging owners of nearly 8 million cars and trucks to have the air bags repaired because of potential danger to drivers and passengers.
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- Ukraine asks for big EU loan during gas standoff
- Egypt signs with six international firms to dredge new Suez Canal
- Russia, Ukraine reach tentative gas deal in tough Milan talks
- Chrysler recalling nearly 907,000 cars, SUVs
- US jobless aid applications fall to 14-year low
- New rules adopted in hopes of spurring home loans
The new U.S. Ebola "czar" started work as the Obama administration ramps up its response to the potential spread of the virus, and drugmakers started a project to accelerate development of a vaccine and produce millions of doses.
- U.S. Ebola 'czar' starts work
- Official WHO Ebola death toll near 5,000
- WHO: Ebola vaccine trials in W. Africa in January
- CDC releases revised Ebola gear guidelines
- Supreme Court weighs generic drug dispute
- 2nd Texas health worker tests positive for Ebola
- Dallas nurse with Ebola gets blood from survivor
Science & Tech
The U.S. military landed its X-37B robotic space plane at Vandenberg Air Force Base in central California, ending a classified 22-month mission that marked the third in Earth orbit for the experimental program.
- U.S. Air Force lands robotic X-37B space plane in California
- Apple introduces slimmer iPad
- Spacewalking astronauts begin preparing station for new space taxis
- German vice chancellor urges stricter rules for Google and peers
- Romneys support neurological research
- 3 win chemistry Nobel for super-zoom microscopes
- Twitter sues U.S. Justice Dept for right to reveal surveillance requests
Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer examines Turkey's role in the fight against ISIL.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden