Scots held the fate of the United Kingdom in their hands as they voted in a referendum on becoming an independent state, deciding whether to unravel a marriage with England.
- Scots vote on independence
- Ukraine reports sporadic violations of cease-fire
- French president quizzed over domestic failures
- Russia welcomes special status for eastern Ukrainian regions
- World Bank: Ebola could drain blns of dollars from African economies
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum
- Turkey weighs establishing ‘buffer zone' against ISIL threat
PepsiCo Inc.'s CEO Indra Nooyi has made a double-edged statement on the NFL's problems handing domestic violence, calling some players' behavior "repugnant" but saying that Commissioner Roger Goodell is "a man of integrity."
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Turkey announces strategy to bolster EU accession bid
- Wall St climbs ahead of Fed statement; DuPont jumps
- Europe stocks slip as Fed jitters eclipse M&A fever
- France breaks 2015 deficit-cutting promise
- U.S. job growth brakes to eight-month low, labor force shrinks
- European shares hit 6-1/2 yr high as ECB ramps up stimulus
The U.S. government will set up a task force to tackle the growing threat of antibiotic resistance, setting a Feb. 15 deadline for it to outline specific steps.
- White House calls for task force to tackle antibiotic-resistant bugs
- Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- UN: Nearly $1 billion needed now to stop Ebola
- WHO pleads for more healthworkers to combat Ebola
- Long-awaited diet pill gets U.S. approval
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Liberian official: Country is at war with Ebola
Science & Tech
Alibaba Group's U.S. stock offering is a wakeup call about an emerging wave of technology giants in China's state-dominated economy.
- Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants
- iPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Study: Mice given human brain gene learned tasks faster
- New iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Erdogan approves law tightening Turkey's Internet controls
- Apple pushes digital wallet with Apple Pay
- Apple to add security alerts for iCloud users
The House of Representatives votes to authorize the training and arming of Syrian rebels to confront ISIL, backing President Obama after he personally pleaded for support. Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer is live with the latest.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden